Early Atlanta MARTA system map, 1968
The MARTA subway system in Atlanta took over a decade to get through the electorate from its early planning. The initial MARTA system, depicted here, went to the voters of metropolitan Atlanta in 1968 and lost by ten percentage points at the ballot box. It wasn't just white suburbanites who opposed this plan - the black voters of Atlanta also opposed it, for not providing enough immediate improvements, and for providing poor service to black neighborhoods.
- Designed in New York City, printed in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Printed on satin finish 80# cover stock - 220 GSM.
- Image will be printed with a border for framing.
- Please allow five business days for production before it gets shipped out.
- Free standard shipping within the US!
All designs I sell here are made by me! If there's something you'd like custom-made, shoot me a message.